I'm not sure how good I will be at keeping my blog going - I hope to have some help! My main reason for doing this is to have a way to preserve the many family stories in my head. I started scrapbooking for that reason but I have found that scrapping has too much focus on the photos and I have never been what you would call "succinct" - I tend to put in lots of detail, lots of "back story", and sometimes I even ramble. Who, me, ramble???
I have written a couple of stories re my Mom's family - the first one I wrote as "fiction" although it was a true story. When Mom read it she asked me how I could possibly know all the details in the story. I just told her that all my growing years when I would sit with the women around the kitchen table, I listened. I must have absorbed it. My Mom's life almost feels like my own. However, as I get older, so much is beginning to slip away - hence this blog.
You will find I use a lot of short cuts as I write like: re = regarding, e.g or i.e. = for instance or for example. Hopefully I won't loose you. As I'm writing this, I'm visualizing myself talking to my girls, my cousins Jonann and David. These are the people (besides my DH - dear hubby) who have shared the most important moments of my life and who knew my mom and dad. They have a common basis with me and I'm hoping they will help me by adding their thoughts and memories, too.
Right now I don't intend to make this a public blog - it will have limited access - that way I and my fellow writers won't feel too inhibited. Okay - I guess that is enough for right now - at least it explains the intent of this blog.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment